Wednesday 12 December 2012

Journey of flavours - Island Curries

The only thing I thought when I received this parcel was curry flavours Authentic to India- Made in Australia- Enjoyed in UK!! Truly a journey of flavours!!

                                            

When I opened the pack the aroma of the spices were so enticing and the texture of the mixture was so similar to the fresh ground spices that were made back home. 

Being mid week, it had to  be the vegetable curry that I had to try first!  I followed the instructions on the pack and the vegetables that I went for was green gawar. 

 (Gawar or Mattikayalu, the beautiful pale green colored beans, they may not be as popular as regular green beans, but they have a serious following among Indians. Nutty, delicate, mellow ruchi (flavor) of gawar beans has an addictive quality and when seasoned with Indian ingredients, they literally shine and become quite irresistible). 


So here I go to prepare my vegetable curry. Add the onions and fry them in 1 tsp of oil --> add the Island Vegetable Curry Paste & fry the paste --> followed by the vegetables (potato & gawar bean). Perfect when you need a quick 15 minute meal. Before I knew ...the food was cooking away.

Wholaa and that was my curry made!! 

I decided to enjoy the curry with wheat chapati (Indian flat breads) ...took me longer to roll them round then it took to make the curry ;-) But there is nothing like enjoying a home made curry (not really home made, made at a place which is home away from home) with hot puffed chapati!!


Dinner served...Lets eat 
I could capture the steam out of the curry in this snap...this spread the aroma in the whole kitchen...wish I could share that aroma virtually!!


The first bite reminded me of the Bengali restaurant I used to visit in India with my parents to enjoy fish and their sides. The vegetable side always made my mother wonder what went in that Simple Vegetable Curry....she used to say 'These kids eat vegetable here with so much interest and at home if you make they run away from it'...hehehehe Mom this is so close to that taste!

In all a great taste and sure as Rob had said, the spices were coarse and had the distinct flavour due the freshly ground spices. The only thing I would say is that the curry paste is richly flavoured and add the curry paste as per your taste.

Luv

Amzu x


1 comment:

opera said...

Surkashit Ayurveda pills sexual interactions and have a lasting sexual experience. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels and the removal of obstructions in the arteries, blood flows freely. This allows for a smooth flow of blood through the penis. When the penis is filled with blood, it becomes hard and erect for longer than is normal. Enjoy the pleasure of intimacy with your partner, allowing you to engage in sexual activity for a longer period of time.