Saturday 2 March 2013

Courgette Patties

I had courgettes in the refrigerator and wanted to be creative in using them. I have decided to prepare this dish with all that is in my refrigerator!

So lets see what I have in veggies: 
Courgettes
Carrots
Frozen peas and spinach
Potatoes 

So what do you think we should be making????

How about making Patties! :-) 

Here is how I went on making my own recipe: 

Boiled Potatoes-peas-spinach 
Grated courgettes and carrots
Added 2 slice of low fat cheese for smooth, creamy texture

Mashed all the veggies and cheese together. Added spices: Red chilly powder and salt. 

Shaped the mixture into round balls, flattened them and coated with bread crumbs (Made breadcrumbs from toasted bread).
Heated a non stick pan, added oil and pan fried the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
 Served them hot with fresh lettuce and home made yoghurt coleslaw.

They were perfectly crisp and tender.  Healthy and full of flavour, very much similar to crab cakes but without the meat in it! 

A good veggie main that can help you use all the left over vegetables. So what are you waiting for....Get grating those veggies!

Luv
Amzu x

4 comments:

chow and chatter said...

oh these look good I made some in the summer with some from my garden

Amzu said...

Hey Rebecca, Thank you!! Courgette grown in your garden is super like! Must have been fun to make a recipe using home produce!

Rajani said...

I love how you have used up random veggies from your panry to create this patties dish.
Also if you do not mind - please remove the 'Do not prove you are a robot' check. It is possible for you as author of blog to moderate messages and comments. Added work for me while posting commnets! ;-)

Amzu said...

Hey Rajani, Thank you for your comments and taking the time to drop such lovely comments.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have taken your suggestion on board and removed the word verification! Hope that is better.