Tuesday 17 July 2012

Getting Frisky over Frozen Yoghurt


I am on my way back from North Berwick and eager to lay my hands on my first frisky frozen yogurt. There is sunshine today after a long week of rains. A perfect day for a cooling dessert!

In the midst of busy streets of Edinburgh there is a vibrant shop serving fat free frozen yoghurts in different flavours. Here the Frisky Team are offering passer by a taste of FroYo (Frozen Yogurt). This is their way of telling people 'We are confident of our products...and see you soon at Frisky'.



I was welcomed by warm smiles, a passionate part of the frisky experience.


 Matt gives me a quick guide of the flavours and suggests that I should try mango and green tea flavours. I am in two minds about the green tea flavour in yogurt but agree as I have heard a lot of this speciality.


Ohh ...I can see my FroYo  being topped with delicious fresh fruit toppings, 1 towards my 5 a day.
 Matt tells me that the mango FroYo is made with Alphonso mango puree, no artificial flavours and topped with freshly sliced mango pieces. My green tea FroYo made with matcha green tea powder in the purest form without being subjected to much of processing.
These frisky FroYo are made of 100% pure fat free yogurt unlike others who use milk powder and this comes from Matt and Simon who have gone far and wide in search of a perfect FroYo which is a blend of taste and healthiness. The result of all this research is here for me to taste.
Digging in for my first bite into the mango and it is so light, fresh and yummmmm. I can surely have this instead of my favourite mango ice cream without the huge dent into my daily calories and getting the health benefits of probiotics.
The green tea much to my surprise was interesting and delicious without being too strong for my liking. Frozen yogurt are not necessarily healthy but this one is fat free but with cane sugar added. So you are better off eating moderate portions of FroYo and having fresh fruit toppings to make it a lasting and healthy experience. 100 ml of the natural flavour Frisky FroYo is 54 calories.


 I enjoyed my cup of FroYo...guiltless dessert with comparatively less sugar and calories.



 


Here you can get creative with delicious toppings. You can choose from flavours like Natural, Alphonso Mango and Chocolate, Matcha Green Tea and seasonal special. Matt also tells me that they are coming with new sinful toppings of Oreo biscuits and chocolate.


For those who are lactose intolerant and are tempted, knowing that lactose in yogurt is more digestible and well tolerated by many with lactose intolerance without symptoms but don't want to take chances, may not have to wait for long as the Frisky Team are already planning soy based frozen yogurt.
The flavors taste so natural, so fresh, so real. Thank you Frisky for getting frozen yogurt to my neighbourhood!

No comments: