Thursday 18 October 2012

Friday Fish and Chips - The Indian Style!

Its been a while since I have written a post. I have been missing from action as I have been busy working on the launch of the diet food hampers, that I have been building from the last 6 months. Take a peek of the website www.tinaodoherty.com

It feels like I have not cooked with patience from a long time...precisely 10 days! I miss being in my kitchen. 

Today is Friday and a day off...so it meant enjoying the traditional Friday meal of Fish and Chips! But going to make the fish in Indian flavours. 

Friday is traditionally a day where fish and chips are eaten all around the UK.

Why is this? (I din't know the reason myself, so read more about it)

This is historically for religious reasons. The Roman Catholics observed a tradition of not eating meat on Fridays. Chips were an accompaniment to fried fish because the oil in which the fish was fried often became too hot for good frying. Potatoes were added to lower the temperature. Also some people say, Friday was pay day and fish and chips were bought as a treat.





I pan fried my fish that was marinated in Indian masala. It was hot and crunchy. I ate a small portion of baked chips and a large portion of salad which was a mixture of lettuce, carrots, bean sprouts and Edamame.  

Enjoyed my lunch.....but I was excited all along to put this recipe up on my blog! So here is the recipe to share with you all. 

 Ingredients
Serves 2
2 fillets of haddock fish
2 teaspoon cooking oil (for pan frying fish)

Marination Mix: 
2 tablespoon gram flour
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 green chilly, chopped
1 teaspoons coriander seeds
1 teaspoon of red chilly powder
1/2  teaspoon turmeric powder
About 1 teaspoon salt


Marinate the fish (I used haddock) in the marination mixture. Add little water to the marination mixture to coat the fish well. 
Pan fry the fish on medium heat for 10 minutes till golden brown. That is you done! Nice and quick.




I surely missed sharing my days with you all!! heart

No comments: