Friday 26 October 2012

Patak's Chicken Tikka Masala - Quick and authentic in taste!


 I made today classic Chicken tikka masala- Undoubtedly the most famous Indian dish in Britain!   

That looks yummm...right ...so here is what you will need to make this dish

 Chicken + a jar of Patak's Tikka Masala + yoghurt! 
That is all...quick, easy and hassle free way to make Chicken Tikka Curry at home away from home. 


I added my own twist to the recipe. I marinated the boneless pieces of chicken in red chilly powder + salt + lemon juice. 
Stir fired the chicken pieces first to seal the flavours and make Chicken tikka ...then we will add the Patak masala for making the sauce. 


  Then added a jar of Patak's Masala Sauce and 2 whole green chillies as I like it hot. 


Then added 2 tablespoon of yoghurt to make the sauce much more creamier. That was me done! All ready to dig in with my hot naan in the Chicken Tikka Masala. 

The best part of cooking this was that there was no chopping, crying required for the onions ....and no after cooking cleaning. Quick and easy but still the same flavour I would have got following my traditional recipe.

This is a quick click of my kitchen after cooking and the empty jar that did the work of  my recipe paper (seen here with the spurts of curry and masalas on it....has been my guide through soo many cooking experiences!) 



 Happy Friday Everyone!!




No comments: