Wednesday 21 November 2012

Dinner with Tilda British Curry Rice

I had a really nice Diwali dinner which was not only quick to disappear from the plate but quicker for me to stir up! Courtesy Tilda British Curry Rice. 
Firstly, I had intended to share this experience much earlier but was down with flu and all I could think of this last week was to drink hot soups to keep me warm.  So now here it is finally...

I was very excited right from the time Tilda asked me to try the Limited Edition British Curry Rice - After all  Basmati rice from Tilda that I love and over that the recipe has been created by Dhruv Baker! Cheered for him in Masterchef 2010....who thought then that I would be eating one of his dishes sitting in a different country! 

Dhruv Baker is known to have a "Palate of an Angel"...thus no wonder the packet spells out all the delicate flavours...coconut, sweet apricot, spice of curry powder, ginger and fragrant star anise. 

I decided to try the rice with a simple heat blasted chicken to compliment the delicate flavours of the rice.  

Marinated the boneless chicken strips in ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder and salt. 

Sealed in all the flavours and cooked on high heat girdle.

Chicken sorted and then comes the star of the evening...
Heated in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Hot steaming rice ready to eat.....












Chicken strips on the bed of British Curry Rice & salad for the veggie quota.


But that is not all for dinner tonight....Diwali calls for sweets and I have cashew nut sweets (Kaju Katri) sent by my MIL from India! Thank you to all who made my Diwali! xxx


Now the verdict: How did I like my rice today??

Frankly I am not a coconut fan in my food, but I have to say even after having that pre conceived notion.....I ENJOYED the British Curry Rice. The rice was melt in the mouth with each bite exploding with flavours that were complex but light on the palate. 
My husband and me enjoyed this together (one pack serves two), and one portion is a decent 165 calories....fair enough to spare on a tasty portion of rice. My share of two strips of chicken was 100 calories. 

A must try...especially being a limited edition do not miss a chance to try it soon! 
I am excited to try out the recipes suggested by Dhruv with the British Curry Rice.....will surely get on the cooking trip soon!

Here are the lovely recipes by Dhruv that may tickle your taste buds: 

Dhruv's Paneer Arancinis can be found here 
                                              Dhruv's Salmon Kedgeree can be found here
Dhruv's Coronation Chicken can be found here
Finally the best and the classic 
Dhruv's Biryani can be found here
It will be lovely to know if you have tried the Tilda British Curry rice and have you whipped up one of these recipes or being the Master chef of our Kitchen that we are ....have made one of your own recipe! Share with us here your recipe. 

Luv 
Amzu xx












No comments: