Monday 17 September 2012

Swinging to Good Health!!



Weeks are quick these days visiting Tina O' Doherty's Clinics all over Scotland. Next for this week is Dundee.

Weekends are just about catching up over cleaning, cooking, self pampering and most vital sleep!

It is sometimes good that nothing is planned over the weekend because that just gives time to do things spontaneously....

I have been going for a walk on most evenings (have been doing this as the weather has been good, but can now feel the chill and winds of autumn and soon it will be winter.......tooo cold for me) at this park which is a hop-skip and jump from my house. Great way to unwind my day and take in some fresh air.
Today I had made up my mind that it is a weekend so break from walking...I have been eyeing the swings from a week.....thought to go on one of them and enjoy the light breeze! The feeling that I get on the swings is as if 'I am flying' :-)) Notice the big smile on my face.....
I did this for an hour while talking to my husband who also joined in my madness on the next swing! (not seen here as he is clicking the best snap of me where I look a little less messed).

The hour flied by and then we strolled in the park (we are in our flip flops as the weather is pleasant and rarely it is so if I can say so, quite a tongue twister)
As I stroll I feel my arms sore as if I have had a workout. Curiosity sets in to know how many calories have I burnt in this fun activity?
Here is a fitness insight to make a Good time spent Better: For every hour you swing ...you burn 200 calories! Yipee ...I was still burning calories having fun!


For a 140-pound person like me, walking briskly  or walking slowly uphill burns 160 to 180 calories per hour. So swinging has given me almost the same calorie burning effect!

Swinging is different than most workout programs as it makes you feel like a kid again.

 
 So my verdict: You're never too old to swing. Swinging is fun and an exercise too!
 So keep Swinging to Good Health!





No comments: