Wednesday 15 August 2012

Celebrating Julia Child's 100th Birthday today.....(15th August)

What a coincidence!  It's not been long ( I should say 3 days) that my friend had introduced me to Julia Child and Julie Powell and after a whole day gone by I just noticed that Google is celebrating Julia Child's 100th Birthday anniversary with a doddle featuring her.

It features the famous chef in the place she most liked to be: the kitchen with her beautiful trademark pearls. It’s an image that seems to sum up her love of cooking.

To celebrate Julia’s birthday and the indelible mark she left on the culinary world, PBS is showing never-before-seen episodes of her shows as well as episodes of “Cooking With Master Chefs”, which saw Child travel to the kitchens of 16 different world-class chefs. I have to definitely catch these episodes.

One thing that inspires me and will continue to....... 

“I don’t think about whether people will remember me or not. I’ve been an okay person. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve taught people a thing or two. That’s what’s important.” – Julia Child

No comments: