Wednesday 29 August 2012

Hot Soup on a Cold Rainy Day



Till I remember, we had just got a few days of sunshine and soon there was thunder, lightning and hailstones all together today.

I made hot pot of vegetable soup, perfect for a cold day supper and also especially as my throat is a bit sore.

Enjoyed the hot soup with 2 slice of toasted bread and a beautiful view of the rains out from my window.  



Also I have been planting for some time now. I was waiting for the flowers to bloom to share some snaps with you all.


I am growing a couple of fresh herbs...will share about them soon in the next post.

I have to also tell you what else I have been up to this week.....I made a trip to the library and have picked up interesting books, the one that I am reading now is How to be an Everyday Kitchen Magician- Fabulous Food For almost Free by Richard Fox.


This book is particularly interesting as it is something I do very often, substitute ingredients in the recipe for the ones that I have at home....because after all isn't cooking experimenting and learning from ones mistakes.

I would like to quote Richard Fox's Introduction to his book "This book is so much more than a recipe book. In fact, it's about learning to cook without using recipes at all. Its all about making the most of what you have, reducing your waste dramatically, and learning how to create spontaneous, delicious dishes in minutes."

I have also got a few 'Mills & Boon' (romantic novel) that I have my daily read at night...a pure addiction from when I was a teen.






P.S 1000 page views! Thank you for reading and being a part of me.

No comments: