Monday 13 August 2012

Food my passion!

It was a hurried weekend with a lots to do and thus a lot to share with you all.

It was a total unplanned weekend and with the sun out on Saturday, it meant a quick tidy up and a  rush out of the house to catch some sunshine. I used to take the sunshine for granted back home at it was almost 365 days of sunshine.

I must say the sunshine brings out a different side in me. We went to the park and I was happily swinging with the soft touch of the mild breeze. Then off to some shopping and walking down the aisle to see what is new on the shelves (believe me one of my favourite ways to spend my time and my husband's worst nightmare walking down the aisle seeing my eyes fixed on something or the other).

This whole play and shop session with only a sandwich from morning sent my stomach growling and tempted me to munch on all the wrong things. So thought not to spend too much time making something fancy as otherwise I would have eaten a mini dinner munching on crisps before I actually sat down for one.


I had a quick look through the pantry and found whole wheat noodles and stir fry in the refrigerator so made stir fried noodles. Just a spray of oil, ginger garlic paste browned in it, stir fried the vegetables in it, added salt, pepper and the boiled whole wheat noodles (they taste just like the normal refined flour noodle aka maida). Gave a quick stir like a professional who know what he was doing with his wok....even though I was merely trying.

And in hardly some time I had prepared a hot and yummy dish that had the crunchiness of the vegetables and sprouts and the temptress of the noodles.

Here are a few photos of the quick and simple effort. I was so hungry people that dint even have the patience to present my dish. As I always say, It was just simple and plain healthy dish straight from my kitchen to you!









 After a scrumptious dinner I was all set for a movie that my friend had lend me 'Julie and Julia'. She gave me a sneak peek to the story and aroused my curiosity.She felt it would be something that I would be interested (how right was she) in as it is about an amateur chef 'Julie' who decides to cook every recipe in a cook book from an acclaimed celebrity chef 'Julia Child' and blogs about it. It is a true story of two people and it is adapted from an autobiographical book by Julie Powell's. It is a challenge that she undertakes to try 524 recipes in 365 days! OMG was my first reaction. I have always been this child that would catch up with the cooking shows just with a mere fascination of how the chefs handle their 'instruments' - the vessels with sheer finesse.


There is one cooking show 'Cooking with Kylie Kwong' that my Dad used to specially keep a track of as I would adore the chef Kylie Kwong. Seeing her I truly believed 'Cooking is an art and food an artistic presentation'. Ohhh...how much I hope to meet her one day!

This movie bought all my memories alive and was an inspiration to continue writing my blogs. Especially when you don't even know who is reading your blog and whether people are liking it. It captures all the emotions that go along writing a new blog.....and rightfully puts it as a void that one feels at first, writing for people when you don't even know there is someone out there...only the figures (for me a good 800 page views) showing some ray of hope. But it shows that when one writes with a passion and commitment ......it gives a deep sense of satisfaction and a good way for me to share my passion and enjoy what I like doing most ...cooking healthy!

I am so inspired with the movie that I feel I want to take up the challenge of replicating healthy recipes that I come across everyday...Though ambitious but not over ambitious to say 1 or more  per day, So for me  I think an achievable goal will be at least 1 per week of a new recipe that I haven't tried before and sharing with you all.

What do you all think should I take up this challenge for myself .....difficult one for me as the time for me flies by at work and after work catching up on daily chores.

Hopefully I will continue to be inspired to keep writing. Will see if I have what it really takes to be passionate with food! 



2 comments:

Gaz said...

Hi Amzu! This challenge would be great especially if you gave us the dietician's view on how healthy each dish you make is. x

Amzu said...

Hi Gaz.....Thanks for the encouragement....I have a few really innovative recipes that I can't wait to try and highlight their nutritional and health aspect. I feel the buzz and anxiety in me. xx